Hello riders and readers. Today I am going to do something a little different with this post. I'm giving things over to Blake and Meisha from "An Elf, a Dragon, and a God's Intervention." This way you get to know them and they plan to introduce you to my Kickstarter that is going live next week on Tuesday. I hope you have fun reading this post and enjoy reading it. Happy reading everyone :).
****
The day is sunny on the hills of Tõrrin. Blake is looking out over the mountain cliffs for the first time in ages and wondering what the day will bring. Meisha and him have been working on finishing their mural for hundreds of years. But this is the first time they escape into the real world beyond the boarders of Zorron. It was hard to believe that they spent three centuries locked within Zorron miss out on the extraordinary view. He yawned looking towards the sky as a shadow passed over. It wouldn't be long now...she was coming. With a boom and scraping sound of claws on stone Blake turned to find his dragon Meisha crouching down to a more comfortable position.
Blake: Where have you been? I've been standing here for a candle mark and the heat is a pain in the kisser. Do you have any idea what it is like sweating to death in this bloody armor?
Meisha glanced at him and laughed within their mind link.
Meisha: Trust me, a little patience would go a long way for yourself.
He scowled at her then stepped toward her looking to see what she had in her maw.
Blake: What did you bring with your bounty this time my good friend?
She snorted.
Meisha: I am your good friend now, now am I. I should let you starve for the greeting you gave me.
Blake raised his hands in surrender.
Blake: Now there is now reason to lay blame. Yes, I no I am cracky but that is only because I am on edge here in the dwarven mountains. You know they don't like me that much.
Meisha snorted again.
Meisha: Wonder why? You think they got over you singeing their kings beard yet?
Blake flushed and put his hands on his hips. Then nonchalantly kicked a pebble over the ground towards Meisha's massive claws.
Meisha watched the rock land centimeters from her foot then rolled her eyes. Then she reached back and pulled three large rabbits from the side of her horn. She never did like flying with dead animals in her mouth. That is why she had Blake create a harness she could reach around her right horn without his help. She passed the rabbits to Blake who smiled with eagerness and snatched them from her with glee written over his face.
Blake: Now that's more like it!
He quickly made a fire pit on the rocky terrain then sat back on a wooden log he found and watched the meat cook. His hands were behind his head as Meisha slid over and wrapped her body around him and the flames. The warmth soothed her body and made her relax when she realized that Blake was talking again.
Blake: Are you excited Mesiha?
Meisha sniffed.
Meisha: Excited about what?
Blake: Next Tuesday KM Jenkins is launching our Kickstarter. Yes, the one featuring our story within its depths. I'm super excited to see what the readers think of our new story that has been updated and rewritten to better fit our readers wants and needs.
Meisha: Why did she rewrite our story?
Blake: Not sure, apparently the story can't end in a cliff hanger with it being so short. I guess we have to come up with a suitable ending. What do you think it should be?
Meisha laid her head down on the hard packed earth. She thought about his question then decided she didn't want to know.
Meisha: Let it remain a mystery. I don't want to be the spoil sport that ruins our new tale that readers had issues the first time with. Hopefully, KM Jenkins knows what she is doing...you can't appease everyone but you can make some happy.
Blake: True. But either way I am super exciting about this Kickstarter. DarkDeath and SnowFire are getting their own bookmarks. There are collectable character cards to earn and fun things to buy that will keep readers wanting more. And the special editions are so pretty...yes, shut it. I said pretty and ment it. It isn't a man's place to play favorites but the books are amazing and I'm even exciting to see the interior artwork of the hardcover. There is one that features us. Did you know that?
Meisha: Yes, I did. Now do you mind eating in peace and letting me take a nap. We will have to leave soon and get ready for this big celebration. But first we have to deal with our guest.
Blake looked over his shoulder towards the rock face that opened out into the woods. He saw the black shadow dash across the opening too.
Blake: Yeah, I guess we better deal with this. I hope everyone enjoyed this sideways conversation with me and my best friend Meisha. If you haven't headed over to the Kickstarter Page for Tales of Ferrês Special Anniversary Collection make sure to hit the NOTIFY ME ON LAUNCH button so you get the launch announcement and access to all the authors updates. Until next time.
Meisha: Until next time?
He sighed.
Blake: Yes, you know when they read our story. Anyway hope you enjoy your week and the coming weekend. Meisha and I will keep treasure hunting while we wait for you to get your copy and enjoy the story that many loved but wanted some changes.
NOTIFY ME ON LAUNCH!
P.S. Want to read the original short story of "An Elf, a Dragon, and a God's Intervention?" Then CLICK HERE to purchase your copy of the first edition. It is still available on all online stores including my own store for 99¢. If you want to read and compare when the new edition comes out this is the best time to do so.
Did you enjoy this post?
If you did and want to be notified when new content from the mind of KM Jenkins goes live or our bookish content on the weekends please subscribe. Head over to the sidebar menu and subscribe by either the RSS Feed Option or the Follow Me Option. Either way you will get updates when new content goes live. Until next time I hope you have a wonderful week.
~ Katie

No comments:
Post a Comment