Please Read...

Ways to Read the World of Tarzinëa & More for FREE or Close To It!

Hello riders! I don't know if you know but my books are on several sites that you don't realize. These sites are designed to help yo...

Monday, September 21, 2026

Tales of Ferrês Special Anniversary Editions Kickstarter Launches Tomorrow!

Hello riders and readers. Today is a big day. It is the last day before I go live on Kickstarter with my first ever campaign. This campaign features my short story collection, “Tales of Ferrês.” If you have read it before don’t worry; even if you did the book is going to have revamped stories. This could mean the meat of the story changes or the overall tone of the characters or even the ending itself. I know one story needed some work after feedback from readers in reviews. And what better way to address those concerns than to do a special anniversary edition with all revamped stories? 

As for tomorrow I plan to launch around 12PM CST. Why that time? I want to make sure the campaign will end later in the morning so I want to start it later in the morning especially for those that like to sleep in like I do. But tomorrow, my husband, Ben, has a doctor’s appointment at 10AM which goes until 11AM. This is another reason it is happening at 12PM. Mainly being I won’t be home to push the big green button.

Now onto delays. I have been warring with myself for weeks now. Many authors believe the designer I used uses AI. But he has been in the industry with his skill set for decades, with always his artwork looks like it does today. So I believe him when he says he doesn’t use AI. And he created all the covers and artwork inside the book except the case bound cover. I did that one. I also did the custom headers and the title page. But Kickstarter might force me to state that it is AI when I strongly believe it isn’t. However, that could be a potential problem for tomorrow when I go live so if you don’t see something by 1PM that is why. 

I don’t believe in using generative AI to create covers and illustrated artwork inside books. But I use it on my blog to create small images to go with stories or blog posts from my world of Tarzinëa. This is mainly because I would be broke if I created artwork from artists every week for my blog. I don’t make money from it yet so I plan to use AI to generate simple images just for that. I also use AI to help plan my social media post ideas and create ad text or PWA for editing before I send it off to a real editor. This being so, I can make everything as easy as possible. Plus, I am still learning the Social Media game. 

I hope you understand I don’t plan ever get paid from the content I use AI for. With products I create I always use a genuine artist. And I hope Kickstarter will see the genuine work put into those covers and Illustrations Grady did. They are beautiful. 

On further note, if you haven’t clicked the NOTIFY ME ON LAUNCH button over on my pre-launch page. You might want to do that today. This way, you are first in line to get your special edition in the format you want. Also, I have a tier with custom mystery swag boxes but they only ship to USA residents and only 10 are available. They are also offered as an add-on option too. 

Hopefully, this update helps you get excited and not shoot me at the same time. Until tomorrow I will update you more than time goes on. Until next time.

~ Katie

Tales of Ferrês: Special Edition Fantasy Short Story Set

Epic Fantasy Short Stories with: shifters, dragons, dragon riders, mages, and a magical forest the gods can't control + a bonus story!
by: K.M. Jenkins

****

Check Out These Campaigns!

Undercover Witch Academy: Deluxe Special Edition Omnibus

Enemies to lovers cozy mystery omnibus featuring found family, a magical academy and witch vibes.
by: Rachel Medhurst


Wolves of the Tesseract Trilogy, Omnibus, Comic, & Audio!

A demon set Claire's house on fire—and that's just the start. Hunted by cultists, monsters, and eldritch gods, can she master reality-bending magic in time to stop a multiversal apocalypse in this action-packed supernatural fantasy trilogy?
by: Christopher D. Schmitz


A Bargain For Love: A Romantasy Illustrated Edition

Dive into this Little Mermaid x Beauty and the Beast novelette if you like grumpy Fae princes & a love that defies the odds.
by: Shaelyn Rose


North Pole University: A Holiday Fantasy Romance Set

Sweet Romance. Cozy Magic. Luxe Editions. Just in time for the holidays.
by: Marie-Hélène Lebeault







No comments:

Post a Comment